Chocolate Nut Brittle
- Yield: 16 servings
Recipe courtesy of Nuts for Life (www.nutsforlife.com.au)
- 2 cups of mixed nuts – (e.g., walnuts, pecans, almonds, cashews, hazelnuts and macadamias)
- 7 ounces of chocolate
- 2 tablespoons of nut butter (e.g., almond butter)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Roughly crush nuts – this can be done by placing them in a high-speed blender or food processor and quickly pulsing (be careful not to make them into a nut butter). Alternatively, place them into a snap lock bag and roll with a rolling pin, or roughly chop with a knife.
- Line a baking tray with oiled parchment paper.
- Spread the crushed nuts evenly over the parchment paper and then set aside.
- Melt your chocolate – this can either be done in a microwave, stirring a few times, or on a stove top using the double boiler method.
- Once melted, quickly pour hot chocolate evenly over nuts to completely cover. Drizzle with nut butter.
- Place in the freezer for a few hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer, lift out brittle and break into pieces.
Tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month or freeze for up to 3 months.
Based on 16 servings
- Total Fat17g
- Saturated Fat3.5g
- Total Carbohydrate9g
- Dietary Fiber2g