Pine Nut and Zucchini Fritters
- Yield: 4 servings
- Total Time: 20 minutes
Recipe courtesy of Nuts for Life (www.nutsforlife.com.au)
- 2 large zucchini, grated
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup reduced fat feta cheese
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 medium egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce, to serve
- 1 lemon cut into 4 wedges, to serve
- Place the zucchini in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients and stir to fully combine. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat and spray with olive oil spray.
- Place tablespoonfuls of mixture in the pan and cook for 2 minutes each side until golden and cooked through. Remove from the pan and keep warm as you repeat with remaining mixture.
- Serve with 2 teaspoons of sweet chilli sauce and a wedge of lemon for each serve.
Based on 4 servings
- Total Fat14g
- Saturated Fat3g
- Total Carbohydrate41g
- Dietary Fiber8g
Want Facts on Pine Nuts?learn more