Apple Honey Walnut Cake
- Yield: 12 servings
- Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
This cake is filled with diced apples, honey, and California walnuts for that extra crunch. It’s topped with a sweet glaze that just takes this easy to make cake over the top.
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon all purpose flour, divided
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup apple sauce
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 3 eggs
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored and diced small
- 1 cup roughly chopped California walnuts
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon water (or milk)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup chopped California walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325°F and heavily coat a 10-cup Bundt pan with baking spray.
- Stir together 2 cups flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl; whisk lightly to combine.
- Place honey, applesauce, oil and orange juice in a mixer bowl and beat with the whisk attachment to combine. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Slowly add flour mixture and beat for 2 minutes to make a smooth batter.
- Toss the chopped apple and walnuts with the remaining tablespoon of flour and pour into batter. Spread batter in prepared pan and bake for 55 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake for 10 minutes, then invert onto a parchment coated wire rack to cool completely.
- Prepare glaze just before serving. Whisk together sugar, water or milk and honey in a medium bowl. Stir in chopped nuts and drizzle over cake.
Based on 12 servings
- Total Fat13g
- Polyunsaturated Fat7g
- Monounsaturated Fat4g
- Total Carbohydrate49g
- Dietary Fiber1g
Want Facts on Walnuts?learn more
More Walnut Recipes
Fiery Hot Cheddar Walnuts
One look at the grocery store “snack aisle” will tell you that super-spicy snacks and chips are wildly popular. This recipe offers a nutritious, but just as tasty, alternative.
Toasted Walnut Hummus
This citrusy, nutty hummus makes a great dip and spread. Try spreading it on panini made with grilled vegetables for a healthful, vegetarian sandwich.