Autumn Arugula Salad with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Hazelnuts
- Yield: 4 servings
- Total Time: 40 minutes
Don’t have to be boring; by pairing healthy leafy greens with the right accoutrements, this salad maintains its nutritious balance while also boasting a bevy of flavors.
- 3 cups of cubed sweet potatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp of dried rosemary
- 1 pomegranate
- 5 ounces arugula
- ½ cup Oregon hazelnuts
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- goat cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place hazelnuts on a tray and roast for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Place sweet potatoes, garlic, olive oil and salt and pepper on a large baking dish and roast at 400°F for about 30 minus until tender.
- Seed pomegranate, I like to cut the fruit in half and then hit the back of the shell with a wood spatula and the seeds easily fall out.
- Place arugula in a bowl and top off with balsamic vinegar, the roasted sweet potatoes, pomegranate seeds, roasted hazelnuts and goat cheese (if desired). Serve.
Based on 4 servings
- Total Fat19g
- Saturated Fat2.5g
- Monounsaturated Fat13g
- Polyunsaturated Fat2g
- Dietary Fiber8g
- Vitamin D0mcg
Want Facts on Hazelnuts?learn more
More Hazelnut Recipes
Place a serving of the rice (hot, warm or cooled) in a bowl, then top with a bit of the Heavenly Sauce, followed by the other ingredients listed and ending with the salsa. Add another dollop of the Heavenly Sauce, and bon appétit!
Cold Brew Hazelnut Smoothie Bowl
This cold brew smoothie bowl brings so many kinds of happiness together–hazelnuts, cold brew coffee, chocolate, honey and bananas.