Café Latte Brownies with Hazelnuts
- Yield: 16 servings
- Total Time: 45mins
These brownies are made rich and decadent with the addition of milk chocolate and finely ground coffee beans. Hazelnuts add a pleasant roasted, nutty flavor with a crunchy bite. The simple frosting adds a creamy note to bring the dessert together for an unforgettable treat!
- ¾ cup raw hazelnuts
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 3 tablespoons Stumptown Coffee Roasters House Blend coffee beans, ground to a fine powder
- 1 ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk (any variety)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- ¼ cup roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Cut a piece of parchment paper so that it lines the bottom and two sides of an 8-by-8-inch baking pan. The paper should extend beyond the two sides to allow for lifting the brownies out of the pan once cooled. Spray the paper and the inside of the pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Halve some of the raw hazelnuts with a knife so that have you a mix of whole and halved nuts. Set aside.
- Add the butter and baking chocolate to a small saucepan. Turn the burner to medium heat and warm, stirring often, until the butter and chocolate are melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the finely ground coffee beans.
- Place the sugar in a large bowl. Stir in the melted coffee-infused chocolate and butter from the saucepan until smooth. Add the vanilla and then stir in the eggs. Mix in the salt and then fold in the flour until all ingredients are combined into a thick brownie batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Top the batter with chocolate chips and then with the hazelnuts. Gently press them into the batter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes.
- While the brownies cool, make the frosting. Add the butter and powdered sugar to a stand mixer fitted with the paddle or whisk attachment. Turn to low and then increase to medium high to blend the ingredients into a crumbly powder. Add the milk and vanilla, mix on high for about 1 minute, until the frosting is light and creamy. Mix in the salt.
- Use the parchment to lift the brownies out of the pan. Remove the parchment and place them on a serving plate. Frost the brownies and then sprinkle with the chopped hazelnuts. Slice into 9 or 16 squares for serving.
Based on 16 servings
- Calories 330
- Total Fat 17g
- Saturated Fat 8g
- Trans Fat0g
- Cholesterol 55mg
- Sodium 75mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44g
- Dietary Fiber2g
- Total Sugars 34g
- Protein 5g
- Vitamin D0mcg
- Calcium 33mg
- Iron 2mg
- Potassium 157mg
WANT FACTS ON HAZELNUTS?learn more
More Hazelnut Recipes
Place a serving of the rice (hot, warm or cooled) in a bowl, then top with a bit of the Heavenly Sauce, followed by the other ingredients listed and ending with the salsa. Add another dollop of the Heavenly Sauce, and bon appétit!
Cold Brew Hazelnut Smoothie Bowl
This cold brew smoothie bowl brings so many kinds of happiness together–hazelnuts, cold brew coffee, chocolate, honey and bananas.