California Walnut Cream Alfredo Sauce
- Yield: 3 servings
- Total Time: 15 minutes
This dairy-free white sauce gets it’s flavor from onion, garlic and nutritional yeast. Serve over fettucine, ravioli or any other desired pasta. Reserve water from cooking pasta as you’ll need it for this recipe.
- 1 cup pasta water, plus additional if necessary for thinning sauce
- 1 cup California walnuts
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- Hot cooked pasta
- Chopped California walnuts, toasted
- Snipped or chopped fresh basil and finely grated lemon zest for garnish
- Place walnuts, reserved pasta water, onion, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper and garlic in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Transfer to a sauté pan add desired pasta, tossing to coat and adding additional pasta water if needed to thin sauce.
- Plate pasta and garnish with walnuts, basil and lemon.
Recipe Tip: This pasta sauce is very versatile and may also be served stirred into rice or mashed potatoes.
Based on 3 servings
- Total Fat22g
- Saturated Fat2g
- Polyunsaturated Fat16g
- Monounsaturated Fat3g
- Dietary Fiber3g
- Vitamin D0mcg
Want Facts on Walnuts?learn more