California Walnut Muhammara
- Yield: 8 servings
- Total Time: 10 min
A simple Mediterranean sweet red pepper spread with just a hint of spice. Great as a dip for bread or crudité.
- 1 cup California walnuts, toasted
- 1 (16-oz.) jar roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil, finely chopped California walnuts and chopped fresh parsley (optional garnishes)
- Place walnuts in a food processor and process until they become thick and smooth like walnut butter.
- Place peppers in a strainer and drain well. Transfer to a plate and press between paper towels to remove any excess moisture.
- Add to the food processor with remaining ingredients and puree until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and garnish with olive oil, walnuts and parsley, if desired.
- NOTE: Roasted peppers can vary in sweetness. Add an additional tablespoon of vinegar if the dip is too sweet, or a teaspoon of sugar if the dip is too tart.
Based on 8 servings
- Total Fat15 g
- Saturated Fat1.5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat6.66 g
- Monounsaturated Fat6.054 g
- Cholesterol0 mg
- Sodium230 mg
- Carbohydrates7 g
- Dietary Fiber<1 g
- Total Sugars3 g
- Protein2 g
- Vitamin D0 mcg
- Calcium45 mg
- Iron1 mg
- Potassium110 mg
WANT FACTS ON WALNUTS?learn more