Chocolate and Pecan Dipped Frozen Banana Pops
- Total Time: 4hrs 25mins
These kid-friendly banana pops are the perfect sweet treat (and superfood snack) to have on hand! Dipped in dark chocolate and crunchy pecans – they’ll satisfy your sweet tooth in a nutritious way.
- 3 large bananas
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon coconut or pecan oil (optional)*
- 1 cup toasted pecan pieces
- 6 popsicle sticks
- Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate, and oil if using, in a double boiler or in the microwave until smooth.
- Peel and cut each banana in half. Place a popsicle stick in each half.
- Dip each banana half into the melted chocolate, allowing the excess to drip off, and then dip into the chopped pecans. Place the banana on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat the same process with the remaining banana halves.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the freezer and allow the bananas to chill for at least 4 hours. The bananas will stay fresh in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 7 days.
Based on 6 servings
- Total Fat26g
- Saturated Fat8g
- Dietary Fiber6g
WANT FACTS ON PECANS?learn more
More Pecan Recipes
Peach Pecan Crumble Muffins
Blogger Dani Breiner of Dani’s Healthy Eats creates a sensational vegan and gluten-free treat that will excite your summertime taste buds – Peach Pecan Crumble Muffins!
Banana Pecan Chia Parfait
Blogger Dani Breiner of Dani’s Healthy Eats shares a delicious vegan and gluten-free treat that is perfect for breakfast or anytime snacking – Banana Pecan Chia Parfaits!