Chocolate Hazelnut Coconut Butter
- Yield: 1 1/4 cups
- 1 cup Oregon hazelnuts
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- On a medium baking sheet scatter hazelnuts. Place in the oven and bake until fragrant and the skins are blistered, 12-15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a double boiler or a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, gently melt dark and milk chocolate, stirring frequently, until smooth. Take pan off heat and set aside.
- In a food processor process hazelnuts until ground into a paste. Add oil, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt and process until very smooth. Add melted chocolate and process until combined, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 weeks.
Based on 20 servings
- Total Fat11g
- Saturated Fat 5g
- Trans Fat0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 65mg
- Total Carbohydrate11g
- Dietary Fiber2g
- Total Sugars 8g
- Vitamin D0mcg
- Calcium 18mg
- Iron 1mg
- Potassium 64mg
WANT FACTS ON HAZELNUTS?learn more
More Hazelnut Recipes
Place a serving of the rice (hot, warm or cooled) in a bowl, then top with a bit of the Heavenly Sauce, followed by the other ingredients listed and ending with the salsa. Add another dollop of the Heavenly Sauce, and bon appétit!
Cold Brew Hazelnut Smoothie Bowl
This cold brew smoothie bowl brings so many kinds of happiness together–hazelnuts, cold brew coffee, chocolate, honey and bananas.