Cider Poached Salmon with Hazelnuts and Cider Mustard Sauce
- Yield: 4 servings
- Total Time: 20mins
In this recipe, an intensely flavored dry hard cider is used to cook tender salmon fillets. The fish is complemented with a sprinkle of buttery hazelnuts and a drizzle of tangy mustard sauce that has hints of sweet cider flavor.
- One 22-ounce bottle Portland Cider Company Kinda Dry
- ¼ cup prepared Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 5-inch sprig fresh rosemary
- Four 4-ounce fillets of salmon with skin
- ½ cup finely chopped roasted hazelnuts
- Fine sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- Pour 3 ounces of the cider into a small saucepan. Heat over medium and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes, until the cider is reduced by half to 1.5 ounces.
- Stir together the mustard and honey in a small dish. Add the warm reduced cider and stir well until smooth. Stir in a pinch of black pepper and set aside.
- Pour the remaining cider into a shallow 5-quart pot or pan. Add the garlic cloves and rosemary. Bring to a gentle simmer over medium-low to medium heat.
- Sprinkle the tops of the salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Slide the salmon pieces into the cider and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, just until cooked through and no longer raw in the center. They will be pale pink in color and flake easily with a fork. Use a slotted spoon or large spatula to carefully transfer the salmon to serving plates.
- Sprinkle with hazelnuts. Drizzle with cider mustard sauce or serve the sauce on the side.
Based on 4 servings
- Calories 370
- Total Fat 16g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 60mg
- Sodium 680mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16g
- Dietary Fiber1g
- Total Sugars15g
- Vitamin D0mcg
- Calcium 37mg
- Iron 2mg
- Potassium 745mg
- Vitamin E 2mg
WANT FACTS ON HAZELNUTS?learn more
More Hazelnut Recipes
Place a serving of the rice (hot, warm or cooled) in a bowl, then top with a bit of the Heavenly Sauce, followed by the other ingredients listed and ending with the salsa. Add another dollop of the Heavenly Sauce, and bon appétit!
Cold Brew Hazelnut Smoothie Bowl
This cold brew smoothie bowl brings so many kinds of happiness together–hazelnuts, cold brew coffee, chocolate, honey and bananas.