Cottage Cheese-Walnut Caprese Toast
- Yield: 4 servings
- Total Time: 15mins
The classic Caprese salad was the inspiration for this perfect mid-day snack or go-to weekday meal when you’re short on time. Crunchy, toasted bread is topped with cottage cheese, tomatoes, toasted walnuts, fresh basil and finished with a drizzle of balsamic syrup. Recipe by Beth Stark, RDN, LDN.
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 slices whole-grain bread, toasted
- 1 1/3 cups low fat 2% cottage cheese
- 1 cup multi-colored cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F and arrange walnuts evenly on a small baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes, checking frequently, until toasted.
- Spread cottage cheese evenly over each slice of toasted bread. Layer with tomatoes, toasted walnuts, fresh basil, black pepper and a drizzle of balsamic syrup.
Based on 4 servings
- Total Fat12g
- Saturated Fat2g
- Dietary Fiber3g
- Total Sugars7g
WANT FACTS ON WALNUTS?learn more