Creamy Egg Cups
- Yield: 6 servings
- Total Time: 1hr
These light, creamy and nutty egg cups are flavored with vegetables and bacon bits. Since they can be prepared ahead, they’re an easy start to your day.
- 1 cup liquid egg whites
- 3/4 cup lowfat cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (preferably sharp)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/3 cup California walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced or chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F and place a shallow rectangular baking dish 3/4 full with hot water in preheating oven. Coat 6 small canning jars liberally with nonstick cooking spray.
- Puree egg whites, cottage cheese, Cheddar, flour and garlic salt in a small blender. Stir in walnuts, bell pepper, green onion and
bacon bits, then spoon equal amounts into prepared jars.
- Place jars in water and cook for 30 minutes or until eggs are set in the center. Serve immediately or let cool and remove from jars.
Eggs may be prepared several days ahead and stored in a covered container in the refrigerator.
Based on 6 servings
- Total Fat10g
- Saturated Fat3.5g
- Polyunsaturated Fat3.35g
- Monounsaturated Fat2.044g
- Dietary Fiberless than 1g
- Total Sugars2g
- Vitamin D0mcg
WANT FACTS ON WALNUTS?learn more