Crunchy Hazelnut Granola Parfait
Layered with crunchy granola, yogurt and fruit, this parfait is the perfect way to enjoy your favorite fruit!
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup hazelnuts, toasted, skin removed, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup wheat germ
- ½ cup oat bran
- ¼ cup crystal ginger, minced
- 1 cup orange juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons ginger, ground
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups (7 ounces) assorted dried fruit, diced
- 16 ounces (2 cups) vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups fresh fruit
- Mix oats, hazelnuts, wheat germ, oat bran and crystal ginger in large bowl.
- Whisk orange juice, sugar, oil, ginger, cinnamon and salt in small bowl until blended. Stir orange juice mixture into oat mixture until blended.
- Spread mixture on greased 15½ x 10½ x 2-inch jelly roll pan. Bake at 325º F for 35 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned and dry.
- Place mixture in large bowl.
- Stir in dried fruit until blended. Makes 8 cups.
- To assemble parfait: Layer ¼ cup each granola mix, yogurt and fruit in parfait glass. Repeat layering.
- Garnish with granola and fruit.
Based on 4 servings
- Total Fat5g
- Saturated Fat1g
- Dietary Fiber3g
WANT FACTS ON HAZELNUTS?learn more