Earl Grey Hazelnut Cookies
- Yield: 12 servings
- Total Time: 35min
These cookies are coated in delicious finely chopped hazelnuts and studded with small bits of floral Earl Grey tea. They are best paired alongside a steaming cup of the tea to bring out their bright flavors.
- 2 teaspoons Steven Smith Teamaker Lord Bergamot Blend No: 55 (1 sachet)
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup finely chopped roasted hazelnuts, plus 6 hazelnuts, halved
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the tea leaves to a spice grinder and pulse until finely chopped. Toss the tea with the brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix on low for 1 minute to combine the flavors. Add the butter and cream for 2 minutes, until smooth and pale brown in color. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Mix in the vanilla and egg. Add the salt and then the flour. Mix on medium-high until all ingredients are combined into a cookie dough. Place the bowl with the dough in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Spread the finely chopped hazelnuts on a plate and stir in the granulated sugar. Remove the cookie dough from the fridge and roll into 12 balls, a little smaller than the size of a golf ball. Roll each ball in the hazelnuts and sugar. Place the cookies on the baking sheet. Press a hazelnut half in the top of each.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until the edges begin to brown and the centers are firm. Let cool on the pan for 3 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
Based on 12 servings
- Total Fat 11g
- Saturated Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 35mg
- Sodium 55mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15g
- Dietary Fiber 1g
- Total Sugars 6g
- Protein 2g
- Vitamin D0mcg
- Calcium 9mg
- Iron 1mg
- Potassium 40mg
WANT FACTS ON HAZELNUTS?learn more