Earl Grey Hazelnut Cookies
- Yield: 12 servings
- Total Time: 35min
These cookies are coated in delicious finely chopped hazelnuts and studded with small bits of floral Earl Grey tea. They are best paired alongside a steaming cup of the tea to bring out their bright flavors.
- 2 teaspoons Steven Smith Teamaker Lord Bergamot Blend No: 55 (1 sachet)
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup finely chopped roasted hazelnuts, plus 6 hazelnuts, halved
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the tea leaves to a spice grinder and pulse until finely chopped. Toss the tea with the brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix on low for 1 minute to combine the flavors. Add the butter and cream for 2 minutes, until smooth and pale brown in color. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Mix in the vanilla and egg. Add the salt and then the flour. Mix on medium-high until all ingredients are combined into a cookie dough. Place the bowl with the dough in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Spread the finely chopped hazelnuts on a plate and stir in the granulated sugar. Remove the cookie dough from the fridge and roll into 12 balls, a little smaller than the size of a golf ball. Roll each ball in the hazelnuts and sugar. Place the cookies on the baking sheet. Press a hazelnut half in the top of each.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until the edges begin to brown and the centers are firm. Let cool on the pan for 3 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
Based on 12 servings
- Total Fat 11g
- Saturated Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 35mg
- Sodium 55mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15g
- Dietary Fiber 1g
- Total Sugars 6g
- Protein 2g
- Vitamin D0mcg
- Calcium 9mg
- Iron 1mg
- Potassium 40mg
WANT FACTS ON HAZELNUTS?learn more
More Hazelnut Recipes
Place a serving of the rice (hot, warm or cooled) in a bowl, then top with a bit of the Heavenly Sauce, followed by the other ingredients listed and ending with the salsa. Add another dollop of the Heavenly Sauce, and bon appétit!
Cold Brew Hazelnut Smoothie Bowl
This cold brew smoothie bowl brings so many kinds of happiness together–hazelnuts, cold brew coffee, chocolate, honey and bananas.