Greek Cucumber Walnut Bites
- Yield: 6 servings
- Total Time: 25mins
Great as an afternoon snack or appetizer, these crisp cucumber cups are filled with roasted red pepper hummus and topped with tomatoes, crumbled feta and chopped walnuts for added crunch. Recipe by Beth Stark, RDN, LDN.
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (8 tablespoons)
- 1 English cucumber, ends trimmed (about 14 ounces)
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper hummus
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat crumbled feta cheese
- 5 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Preheat oven to 350°F and arrange walnuts evenly on a small baking sheet. Bake 8 minutes, checking frequently, until toasted.
- Slice cucumber crosswise into 18, ~3/4-inch thick slices. Using a small spoon, gently scoop out and discard the center of each cucumber slice, leaving bottom and sides intact.
- In a small bowl, stir 6 tablespoons chopped walnuts and hummus. Spoon walnut-hummus mixture into each cucumber slice and top with 2 reserved tablespoons of chopped walnuts, feta cheese and quartered tomatoes.
Based on 6 servings
- Total Fat11g
- Saturated Fat1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat4g
- Dietary Fiber2g
- Total Sugars1g
WANT FACTS ON WANUTS?learn more
More Walnut Recipes
Fiery Hot Cheddar Walnuts
One look at the grocery store “snack aisle” will tell you that super-spicy snacks and chips are wildly popular. This recipe offers a nutritious, but just as tasty, alternative.
Toasted Walnut Hummus
This citrusy, nutty hummus makes a great dip and spread. Try spreading it on panini made with grilled vegetables for a healthful, vegetarian sandwich.