Grilled Cherry and Blue Cheese Salad with Creamy Hazelnut Dressing
- Yield: 6 servings
- Total Time: 20 minutes
This refreshing salad gets a burst of flavor from grilled cherries and roasted hazelnuts. The addition of tangy blue cheese blends beautifully with a dressing made of pureed hazelnuts and honey. Pair this salad with a crisp Oregon Riesling.
- 1/4 cup roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt, or to taste
- Pinch of ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 pint sweet cherries, pitted
- Olive oil
- 8 cups mixed spring greens
- ¼ of a large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts, halved or roughly chopped
- 4 ounces Rogue Creamery Oregon Blue Cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the grill to 400 degrees F. Thread the cherries onto soaked wooden skewers or grilling skewers, about 4 or 5 to a skewer, and brush lightly with olive oil.
- Place the dressing ingredients in a single serve blender or small food processor. Process on high or pulse in long spurts until a creamy dressing forms, about 20 seconds. Set aside.
- Grill the cherries for about 5 minutes, turning at least once, until the fruit begins to darken and soften.
- Add the greens and onion to a large serving bowl. Pour in the dressing and toss to coat the salad. Slide the cherries off of the skewers and arrange them evenly over the top of the greens. Sprinkle the salad with roasted hazelnuts and crumbled blue cheese before serving. Pair with: Brooks Willamette Valley Riesling.
Based on 6 servings
- Total Fat36g
- Saturated Fat7g
- Monounsaturated Fat15g
- Polyunsaturated Fat9g
- Dietary Fiber5g
- Vitamin D0mcg
Want Facts on Hazelnuts?learn more
More Hazelnut Recipes
Place a serving of the rice (hot, warm or cooled) in a bowl, then top with a bit of the Heavenly Sauce, followed by the other ingredients listed and ending with the salsa. Add another dollop of the Heavenly Sauce, and bon appétit!
Cold Brew Hazelnut Smoothie Bowl
This cold brew smoothie bowl brings so many kinds of happiness together–hazelnuts, cold brew coffee, chocolate, honey and bananas.