Hazelnut Pesto Penne
- Yield: 6 servings
In this easy dinner recipe, tender penne pasta is tossed in a rich basil pesto made with toasted hazelnuts. Make this a heartier vegetarian meal by adding roasted mushrooms or chickpeas, or serve it alongside grilled chicken or fish.
- 1 pound penne, cooked to al dente
- ¾ cup Hazelnut Pesto (recipe below)
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons shaved Parmesan cheese
- 5 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ cup toasted hazelnuts
- ½ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Make the pesto. Add the basil, garlic, hazelnuts, Parmesan cheese, and ¼ cup of the olive oil to a blender or food processor. Pulse in 10 to 15 second intervals to chop all ingredients. With the machine on low, slowly pour in the remaining olive oil. Scrape the sides of the container as needed.
- Blend for about 20 seconds until all ingredients are finely chopped and a thick pesto results. Stir in the salt and pepper.
- Place the warm pasta in a large bowl. Add the pesto and toss to coat the pasta well. Transfer to a serving platter. Sprinkle with hazelnuts and shaved Parmesan. Serve warm.
Based on 6 servings
- Total Fat40g
- Saturated Fat7g
- Monounsaturated Fat26g
- Polyunsaturated Fat5g
- Dietary Fiber4g
- Vitamin E 2mg
WANT FACTS ON HAZELNUTS?learn more
More Hazelnut Recipes
Place a serving of the rice (hot, warm or cooled) in a bowl, then top with a bit of the Heavenly Sauce, followed by the other ingredients listed and ending with the salsa. Add another dollop of the Heavenly Sauce, and bon appétit!
Cold Brew Hazelnut Smoothie Bowl
This cold brew smoothie bowl brings so many kinds of happiness together–hazelnuts, cold brew coffee, chocolate, honey and bananas.