Homemade Chocolate Walnut Brownies
- Yield: 12 servings
- Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
Walnuts really make the difference with this simple homemade chocolate brownie recipe. Rich and delicious!
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup California walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter a 9″x9″ square baking pan.
- In a double boiler over low heat, melt butter and chocolate chips together and remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- When the chocolate/butter mixture has cooled a little whisk in the eggs and vanilla.
- Note: it is important to cool the chocolate/butter mixture or the eggs will cook.
- Add the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Stir in the chopped walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted into center comes out clean.
Based on 12 servings
- Total Fat22g
- Polyunsaurated Fat4g
- Total Carbohydrate43g
- Dietary Fiber3g
Want Facts on Walnuts?learn more