- Yield: 8 servings
- Total Time: 5 minutes
Blogger Liz Moody shares a delicious and nutritious 5-minute snack recipe that kicks up the flavor: Jerk-Spiced Pecans!
- 2 cups raw, halved pecans
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch cayenne
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon fine grain mineral salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Add the pecans, smoked paprika, allspice, cinnamon, cumin, nutmeg, and cayenne to a skillet.
- Turn heat to medium and toast for 1-2 minutes, until the spices are fragrant.
- Add the maple syrup, thyme, salt, onion powder, and garlic powder and stir well to coat, then cook for 2-3 more minutes, until the maple syrup has thickened.
- Pour onto parchment paper and space out so they’re not touching each other. They’ll harden as they cool.
- Store in a tightly sealed container at room temp for up to 5 days.
Based on 8 servings
- Total Fat18g
- Saturated Fat1.5g
- Dietary Fiber3g
Want Facts on Pecans?learn more
More Pecan Recipes
Peach Pecan Crumble Muffins
Blogger Dani Breiner of Dani’s Healthy Eats creates a sensational vegan and gluten-free treat that will excite your summertime taste buds – Peach Pecan Crumble Muffins!
Banana Pecan Chia Parfait
Blogger Dani Breiner of Dani’s Healthy Eats shares a delicious vegan and gluten-free treat that is perfect for breakfast or anytime snacking – Banana Pecan Chia Parfaits!