Orecchiette with Walnut Sausage and Broccoli Ragu
- Yield: 6 servings
- Total Time: 40mins
This delicious pasta is flavored with walnut sausage, walnut ricotta, and walnut parmesan.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 recipe (1 1/2 cups) California Walnut Sausage Crumble
- 2 cups broccoli florets, blanched
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup pasta water
- 12 ounces orecchiette, cooked al dente
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup California Walnut Ricotta
- 1 1/2 ounces Shaved California Walnut Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add blanched broccoli, stock, pasta water and pasta and cook on high for 2 minutes or until sauce had reduced and pasta is glazed. Stir in walnut sausage.
- Finish with lemon juice and garnish with walnut ricotta, walnut Parmesan, lemon zest and red pepper flakes.
Based on 6 servings
- Total Fat30g
- Saturated Fat3g
- Polyunsaturated Fat14g
- Monounsaturated Fat11g
- Dietary Fiber5g
- Total Sugars4g
- Vitamin D0mcg
WANT FACTS ON WALNUTS?learn more