Parmesan Hazelnut Beer Bread
- Yield: 9 servings
- Total Time: 45mins
You can bake a fresh loaf of bread any night of the week with this easy recipe! This classic beer bread is made with a refreshing pilsner and has a topping loaded with hazelnuts. Serve it alongside your favorite seasonal soup or pair it with a light salad.
- ½ cup roughly chopped raw hazelnuts
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 cups (339 grams) self-rising flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives, plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 12 ounces Breakside Brewery Pilsner
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease an 8 ½-by-4 ½ inch loaf pan with butter.
- Add the hazelnuts, Parmesan, and salt to a small bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the melted butter and set aside.
- Place the flour in a large bowl and stir in the chives and sugar. Stir in the remaining 3 tablespoons of melted butter. Slowly add the beer as you stir. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle the hazelnut topping evenly over the top of the loaf. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 20 minutes before removing from the pan. Garnish with chives before slicing to serve.
Based on 9 servings
- Calories 250
- Total Fat 10g
- Saturated Fat 4g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 15mg
- Sodium 550mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30g
- Dietary Fiber 2g
- Total Sugars 1g
- Total Sugars 1g
- Protein 6g
- Vitamin D0mcg
- Calcium 147mg
- Iron 2mg
- Potassium 45mg
WANT FACTS ON HAZELNUTS?learn more
More Hazelnut Recipes
Place a serving of the rice (hot, warm or cooled) in a bowl, then top with a bit of the Heavenly Sauce, followed by the other ingredients listed and ending with the salsa. Add another dollop of the Heavenly Sauce, and bon appétit!
Cold Brew Hazelnut Smoothie Bowl
This cold brew smoothie bowl brings so many kinds of happiness together–hazelnuts, cold brew coffee, chocolate, honey and bananas.