Pecan Cinnamon Roll Dough Bites
- Yield: 12-14 servings
- Total Time: 20 minutes (plus chill time)
Blogger Liz Moody makes nutritious snacking easy with this delicious recipe – Pecan Cinnamon Roll Dough Bites!
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups pecan pieces
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/8 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- Add filling ingredients – pecan pieces, cinnamon, coconut sugar and salt – to a food processor and pulse a few times until the mixture resembles sand. Transfer the mixture to a bowl
- Add the 2 cups of pecan pieces from the dough to processor and process for 3-5 minutes, or until the consistency resembles nut butter
- Add remaining dough ingredients to the processor and process for 1-2 minutes, until well combined
- Roll dough gently into ping pong-sized balls. Then, press and roll into 3 inch sized balls
- Press the 3 inch dough into the filling so that one side is coated, then gently coil with that side facing in.
- Place bites on parchment-lined pan, pressing any parts that broke back into a ball shape.
- Place in freezer to cool. Bites can remain in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Optional: gently toast your pecan pieces at 325 F for 10 min or so, or until fragrant (this takes a bit more time but makes the rolls taste fresh from the oven).Optional: Top these bites with frosting! Mix together one personal sized container of vanilla yogurt with powdered sugar until it’s your desired sweetness. Drizzle on top.
Based on 12 servings
- Total Fat17g
- Saturated Fat1.5g
- Dietary Fiber3g
Want Facts on Pecans?learn more