Pistachio Cucumber Smash Cocktail
- Yield: 1 serving
- 1 1⁄2 ounces Hendrick’s Gin
- 3⁄4 ounce Pistachio cordial*
- 3⁄4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 2 slices fresh cucumber
- 4 leaves fresh mint
- Muddle (gently mash) cucumber then add other ingredients in a cocktail shaker
- Add ice and shake well for 20 seconds
- Strain over fresh ice in an Old Fashioned glass
- Garnish with cucumber, mint and a couple of pistachios.
Pistachio Cordial – Instructions (Makes 8 ounces)
- Combine 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water in a pan. Bring to a low simmer and stir for a few minutes until sugar has fully dissolved.
- In a blender place 1/2 cup unsalted, roasted pistachios and add the sugar water
- Optional – add 1 drop of rosewater
- Blend for 30 seconds and allow to sit for 2 minutes
- Strain out solids and collect cordial
- Keep refrigerated until ready to use
- Put half a cup of dry, raw pistachios in a blender or spice grinder and grind finely.
- Be careful not to overgrind as any moisture will turn the ground pistachios into a paste.
- Pour your ground pistachios onto a small plate or bowl.
- Moisten the outside rim of your glass with a cut wedge of lemon or by using some sugar water.
- Then dip the glass upside down into the powdered pistachios so that they stick well onto the rim of the glass.
- Give the glass a gentle tap before turning the right way up, then fill with ice ready to receive the cocktail.
Based on 1 servings
- Total Fat0g
- Total Carbohydrate4g
- Dietary Fiber0g
Want Facts on Pistachios?learn more