Pistachio-Dusted Roast Salmon with a Light Honey Glaze
- Yield: 3 servings
- Cook Time: 12-15mins
A fresh Atlantic salmon is gently drizzled with olive oil, lightly coated with a sweet honey and topped with finely crushed pistachios. Recipe by Chef Jesse Brune.
- 10 ounces of fresh Atlantic salmon (a little more than half a pound)*
- ½ tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1/4 cup pistachios, finely crushed and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut salmon in half to make two 5-ounce pieces. If salmon has skin still attached, leave it on to lock in extra moisture.
- Gently drizzle olive oil on salmon, leaving an extremely light coat.
- Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Pour honey over salmon halves and gently rub honey into meat using the back of a spoon.
- Spread chopped pistachios over flat surface of plate and place glazed portion of the fish onto the pistachios, generously covering surface.
- Place pistachio-covered salmon into an oven-safe dish or on a cookie sheet lined with foil. Place in heated oven for 10 minutes or until done (shouldn’t take more than 12 minutes max).
- To make sure the salmon is done, gently press surface of fish with a fork. There should be a firm bounce.
*To save time, buy the salmon scaled and deboned.
Based on 2 servings
- Saturated Fat4.5g
- Monounsaturated Fat12g
- Polyunsaturated Fat9g
- Dietary Fiber2g
WANT FACTS ON PISTACHIOS?learn more