PISTACHIO POBLANO CHILE MOLE WITH TORTILLAS
- Yield: 4 servings
Recipe by Ben Berryhill.
- 1 Onion, peeled and rough chop
- 2 Thick Corn Tortilla, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 4 Tomato, remove stems and seeds
- 5 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch Cilantro, remove stems
- 3 cups Chicken Stock or Broth
- ½ cup Whole Roasted Pistachios, ground
- 3 Roasted Poblano Chile, peeled and seeded
- Salt, to taste
- ¼ cup Crema Fresca or mexican creama
- 1 ounce Cotija Cheese, peeled or grated
- In a two quart sauce pot, sauté onions and tortilla pieces until they are lightly browned. Add tomato, garlic, and cilantro and sauté until wilted and fragrant. Add stock or broth and ground pistachios and simmer and stir for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool long enough to work with.
- In a blender combine sauce and cleaned poblanos. Puree until smooth and season with salt to taste.
- Heat and serve in a warm ceramic bowl. Garnish with crema and cotija cheese. Serve with warm thick corn tortillas.
Based on 4 servings
- Calories 260
- Total Fat 16g
- Saturated Fat6g
- Trans Fat0g
- Cholesterol 30mg
- Sodium 1150mg
- Total Carbohydrate23g
- Dietary Fiber 4g
- Total Sugars8g
- Vitamin D0mcg
- Calcium 123mg
- Iron 1mg
- Potassium 227mg
WANT FACTS ON PISTACHIOS?learn more