Pumpkin Walnut Bread
- Yield: 10 servings
- Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
You will fall in love with this ultimate pumpkin bread recipe loaded with California walnuts, aromatic fall spices and a crunchy sugar crust.
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup chopped California walnuts
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- Top with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan and coat with flour.
- Whisk together flour, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, salt, baking soda and nutmeg in a large. Add walnuts and toss to coat.
- Whisk together pumpkin puree, oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and eggs in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened, being careful not to over mix.
- Spread batter in prepared pan and sprinkle sugar evenly over the top.
- Bake for 65 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean with a few moist crumbs. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before removing from pan and slicing.
Based on 10 servings
- Total Fat18g
- Saturated Fat2g
- Polyunsaturated Fat8g
- Monounsaturated Fat8g
- Total Carbohydrate50g
- Dietary Fiber2g
Want Facts on Walnuts?learn more
More Walnut Recipes
Fiery Hot Cheddar Walnuts
One look at the grocery store “snack aisle” will tell you that super-spicy snacks and chips are wildly popular. This recipe offers a nutritious, but just as tasty, alternative.
Toasted Walnut Hummus
This citrusy, nutty hummus makes a great dip and spread. Try spreading it on panini made with grilled vegetables for a healthful, vegetarian sandwich.