Shredded Brussels Sprouts and Apple Salad with Toasted Hazelnuts
- Yield: 6 servings
In this salad, sweet and tart apples are combined with shredded Brussels sprouts. Crunchy hazelnuts add a flavorful finishing touch. An ideal side dish for a fall meal, the seasonal sprouts, fruit, and nuts are tossed in a sweet and tangy maple lemon vinaigrette.
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, stemmed and thinly sliced or shredded
- ½ cup julienned or thinly sliced Granny Smith apple
- ½ cup julienned or thinly sliced Fuji apple
- ½ cup toasted Oregon hazelnuts, chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the vinaigrette ingredients until combined into smooth dressing and set aside.
- Heat the ½ tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add the shredded Brussels sprouts and cook, stirring constantly for 60 to 90 seconds; Just until the greens glisten in the oil and barely begin to wilt. Transfer the Brussels sprouts to a bowl, allow to cool.
- Add the apple to the bowl. Pour in the dressing and toss to coat. Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with the hazelnuts. Serve the salad at room temperature.
Based on 6 servings
- Total Fat16g
- Saturated Fat2g
- Trans Fat0g
- Total Carbohydrate16g
- Dietary Fiber4g
- Total Sugars9g
- Vitamin D0mcg
- Vitamin E2mg
Want Facts on Hazelnuts?learn more
More Hazelnut Recipes
Place a serving of the rice (hot, warm or cooled) in a bowl, then top with a bit of the Heavenly Sauce, followed by the other ingredients listed and ending with the salsa. Add another dollop of the Heavenly Sauce, and bon appétit!
Cold Brew Hazelnut Smoothie Bowl
This cold brew smoothie bowl brings so many kinds of happiness together–hazelnuts, cold brew coffee, chocolate, honey and bananas.