Shredded Brussels Sprouts and Apple Salad with Toasted Hazelnuts
- Yield: 6 servings
In this salad, sweet and tart apples are combined with shredded Brussels sprouts. Crunchy hazelnuts add a flavorful finishing touch. An ideal side dish for a fall meal, the seasonal sprouts, fruit, and nuts are tossed in a sweet and tangy maple lemon vinaigrette.
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, stemmed and thinly sliced or shredded
- ½ cup julienned or thinly sliced Granny Smith apple
- ½ cup julienned or thinly sliced Fuji apple
- ½ cup toasted Oregon hazelnuts, chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the vinaigrette ingredients until combined into smooth dressing and set aside.
- Heat the ½ tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add the shredded Brussels sprouts and cook, stirring constantly for 60 to 90 seconds; Just until the greens glisten in the oil and barely begin to wilt. Transfer the Brussels sprouts to a bowl, allow to cool.
- Add the apple to the bowl. Pour in the dressing and toss to coat. Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with the hazelnuts. Serve the salad at room temperature.
Based on 6 servings
- Total Fat16g
- Saturated Fat2g
- Trans Fat0g
- Total Carbohydrate16g
- Dietary Fiber4g
- Total Sugars9g
- Vitamin D0mcg
- Vitamin E2mg
Want Facts on Hazelnuts?learn more