Sweet and Spicy Hazelnut Snack Mix
- Yield: 7 Cups
- Total Time: 55mins
Prepare for this snack mix to disappear fast! Crunchy hazelnuts, cereal, and pretzels are coated in a sweet and spicy mix of honey and habanero salt for an addictive treat to share. It pairs perfectly with crisp and refreshing Rogue Honey Kolsch.
- 3 cups corn Chex cereal
- 2 cups whole raw hazelnuts
- 1 cup mini pretzel twists
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons Glory Bee raw honey
- 2 teaspoons Jacobsen Salt Habanero Salt, or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F and spray a large rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the cereal, hazelnuts, and pretzels to a large bowl. Whisk together the melted butter, honey, and 1 teaspoon of salt in a small bowl. Pour over snack mix and stir gently to coat all ingredients.
- Transfer the mix to the prepared baking sheet and spread into a single layer. Bake for 15 minutes, then carefully stir and spread back into a single layer. Continue to bake for a total of 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Watch it carefully the last 10 minutes to ensure it doesn’t brown too quickly.
- Sprinkle the hot snack mix with ½ teaspoon more of the salt. Once cool enough to taste, season with more salt if desired. Let cool for 5 minutes, or until cool enough to handle. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Based on 7 servings
- Calories 210
- Total Fat15g
- Saturated Fat 2.5g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Total Carbohydrate 19g
- Dietary Fiber2g
- Total Sugars6g
- Protein 4g
- Vitamin D0mcg
- Calcium 45mg
- Iron 3mg
- Vitamin E3mg
WANT FACTS ON HAZELNUTS?learn more