Walnut Pumpkin Cream Cheese Tart
- Yield: 12 servings
- Total Time: 2hrs 30min
Part pumpkin, part cheesecake, this walnut tart is a nice alternative to traditional pumpkin pie.
Recipe by Patty Mastracco.
SWEET TART CRUST
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup California walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 (15 ounce) canned pumpkin
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup California walnuts, coarsely chopped
SWEET TART CRUST
- Stir together flour, walnuts and powdered sugar in a medium bowl. Stir in butter and egg. Stir well with a fork until a soft dough forms. Gather into a ball and wrap tightly. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350℉ and coat a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom with nonstick cooking spray.
- Lay pastry dough on a lightly floured board and roll into an 11-inch circle. Press onto the bottom and sides of prepared pan and poke with a fork on the bottom and sides. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While crust is baking, whisk together pumpkin and cream cheese in a medium bowl until smooth. Add brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, egg and egg yolk, beating until incorporated.
- Pour into prepared crust and top with walnuts. Bake for 40 minutes or until the filling is set when the pan is gently tapped.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Optional: When ready to serve, top each slice with a dollop of whipped cream.
Based on .5 servings
- Total Fat13 g
- Saturated Fat5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat3 g
- Cholesterol63 g
- Sodium91 mg
- Carbohydrates27 g
- Dietary Fiber2 g
- Total Sugars14 g
- Added Sugars12 g
- Protein5 g
- Vitamin D.25 mcg
- Calcium50 mg
- Iron2 mg
- Potassium175 mg
WANT FACTS ON WALNUTS?learn more