Warm Cauliflower Tuna and Walnut Pasta
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Total Time: 1hr
This fresh, lemony whole grain pasta dish is loaded with protein and roasted vegetables.
- 3/4 pound bite-size cauliflower (1/2 medium head)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup julienne slices red onion
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 3/4 cup California walnuts, coarsely broken
- 4 oz. whole grain pasta
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups lightly packed baby arugula
- 2 (4.5-oz.) cans StarKist Selects Solid Yellowfin Tuna in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Toss cauliflower with olive oil and place on a foil- lined baking sheet; roast for 10 minutes. Stir in onion and tarragon and roast for 5 minutes more. Stir in walnuts and roast for 5 minutes more or until cauliflower is lightly browned and walnuts are toasted.
- While vegetables are roasting, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well, then place back in pan. Stir in lemon juice, capers, garlic salt and pepper. Add arugula and tuna and toss lightly to mix.
- Transfer to 6 bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan.
Based on 6 servings
- Total Fat18g
- Saturated Fat2.5g
- Polyunsaturated Fat7.524g
- Monounsaturated Fat7.326g
- Dietary Fiber5g
- Total Sugars3g
- Vitamin D1mcg
WANT FACTS ON WALNUTS?learn more