Whole Wheat Pecan Banana Muffins
- Yield: 6 servings
- Total Time: 28min
- Cook Time: 15-18min
A fluffy and wholesome muffin recipe, naturally sweetened with banana and maple syrup and every bite includes a delicious crunch thanks to nutrient-dense pecans. Recipe submitted by Julie Fagan, Peanut Butter Fingers.
- ¾ c. whole wheat flour
- ½ c. old fashioned oats
- 2 tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 ½ tbsp. MCT oil or melted coconut oil
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 small very-ripe banana, mashed
- ½ c. light coconut milk (or regular milk)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pan with six paper muffin liners.
- Combine whole wheat flour, oats, flax seeds, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together egg, maple syrup, MCT oil, vanilla, banana and coconut milk.
- Gradually pour egg mixture into the flour mixture and stir until batter is combined.
- Fold in pecans.
- Divide the batter into six muffin cups and bake for 15 – 18 minutes.
- Allow to cool and enjoy.
Based on 6 servings
- Sat Fat8g
- Protein 5g
WANT FACTS ON PECANS?learn more