Avocado Toast with Spicy Nuts
- Yield: 2 servings
Tree nuts add a crunchy twist to this Avocado Toast.
- ¼ cup mixed nuts, roughly chopped (almonds, Brazils, cashews, hazelnuts, pecans, pine nuts, pistachios, macadamias, walnuts)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons spicy seasoning of preference. such as Cajun, Sriracha or tabasco
- 2 thick slices grain or Sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons Ricotta cheese
- 1 avocado
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup arugula
- 2 poached eggs, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Toss nuts with butter then chili seasoning to taste. Lay on a baking tray and roast for 6-8 minutes or until aromatic and starting to brown. Allow to cool.
- Toast bread and spread with ricotta cheese. Lay slices of avocado over cheese, then sprinkle with lemon and season. Place on a small mound of arugula then scatter spicy nuts over top.
- If desired add a poached egg.
Based on 2 servings
- Total Fat29g
- Saturated Fat5g
- Monounsaturated Fat16g
- Polyunsaturated Fat5g
- Dietary Fiber6g