Macadamia and Pine Nut Bars
- Yield: 16 servings
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Recipe courtesy of Nuts for Life (www.nutsforlife.com.au)
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup macadamias, chopped
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon or mixed spice (optional)
- 1/4 cup almond milk (if required)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl and mix well until all the ingredients start to come together. If you find the mix is too dry, add the milk.
- Once the mixture comes together, spoon it onto the lined baking tray and flatten the mixture down with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until it starts to brown on top.
- Allow to cool, then slice into 16 bars.
Tip: Keep uneaten bars in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Based on 16 servings
- Total Fat9g
- Saturated Fat2g
- Total Carbohydrate13g
- Dietary Fiber2g