Walnut, Almond and Cashew Sweet Potato Brownies
- Yield: 16 servings
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Recipe courtesy of Nuts for Life (www.nutsforlife.com.au)
- 1 cup cooked, mashed sweet potato
- 1 cup tahini paste
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1/4 cup cashews (chopped)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a brownie tray with parchment paper.
- Place the mashed sweet potato into a large mixing bowl and combine it with the tahini, maple syrup, and vanilla bean extract. Stir well to combine.
- In a separate small bowl, combine all the dry ingredients, using only 1/4 cup of the chocolate chips (the remaining chocolate chips will be sprinkled on top).
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and fold together.
- Pour the brownie batter into the lined tray and top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until cooked through.
- Allow to cool and slice into small pieces.
Tip: Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container. To make this dairy-free and vegan, use dairy-free chocolate chips.
Based on 16 servings
- Total Fat14g
- Saturated Fat3g
- Total Carbohydrate10g
- Dietary Fiber3g