Fruit and Nut Tiramisu
- Yield: 8 servings
A colorful and tasty twist to an old favorite.
- 4 egg yolks
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon Cointreau, to taste, optional
- ½ cup Grand Marnier, Marsala, Sweet wine or Sherry
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1½ packets (10.5 ounces) Savoiardi Ladyfingers
- 2 cups mixed berries, such as blueberries, raspberries, strawberries (or seasonal fruit)
- 1 cup nuts of choice – try a different nut on each layer, such as roast hazelnuts, sliced almonds, chopped macadamias, and pistachios (great on top)
- Line an 8×8 high-sided dish (or 9-inch rectangle) with parchment paper to make it easier to lift out.
- With electric mixer, beat egg yolks with ¼ cup sugar until pale, creamy and doubled in volume. Remove from bowl and scrape down sides.
- Whip ricotta and mascarpone with remaining sugar until soft peaks form. Fold in the Cointreau and egg mixture and whisk until well combined (don’t overmix or you’ll lose the volume).
- Place the juice and Grand Marnier in a shallow dish. Dip ladyfingers in mixture just enough to moisten (careful not to keep them in too long or they will fall apart). Lay close together on the bottom of the dish.
- Spoon half the mascarpone mixture over top, followed by a layer of fruit. Scatter half the nuts over top. Repeat layers, end with a scattering of nuts.
- If there is any liquid remaining, drizzle a little over the top. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
Based on 8 servings
- Total Fat18g
- Saturated Fat7g
- Monounsaturated Fat7g
- Polyunsaturated Fat2g
- Dietary Fiber3g