Lemon Lavender Almond Protein Bar
- Yield: 16 servings
- Total Time: 2 hours, 10 minutes
Created by Chef Christine Farkas of IHeart Food Consulting on behalf of the Almond Board of California.
- 2 cups not packed, Unflavored almond protein powder
- 1 cup Sliced almonds, blanched
- 1/3 cup Hulled hemp hearts
- ¾ teaspoon Sea salt
- Pinch Citric acid
- 3½ cups Dried apricots
- 2 teaspoons Lemon extract (sunflower oil, lemon oil) OR Zest of 1 large lemon
- 2½ teaspoons Lavender flowers, food grade
- 1/3 cup Sliced almonds with skin, toasted
- 2 teaspoons Dried lavender flowers, food grade
- Combine almond flour, almonds, hemp, sea salt and citric acid in processor and pulse until the nuts and seeds have broken down into smaller pieces. Combine almond flour, almonds, hemp, sea salt and citric acid in processor and pulse until the nuts and seeds have broken down into smaller pieces.
- Add the apricots, lavender and lemon extract and pulse until a smooth consistency has been reached.
- Press mixture firmly into a lined tray (10” x 12” or similar), ensuring the mixture is pressed down into the edges and corners. Depth should be less than ½ inch.
- Sprinkle the garnish of toasted almond and lavender on top and press into the mixture fully and evenly. Cover with wrap and chill until solid, approximately 2 hours.
- Cut into 16 rectangles and enjoy.
Based on 16 servings
- Total Fat6g
- Total Carbohydrate24g
- Dietary Fiber4g
Want Facts on Almonds?learn more