Mixed Nuts, Zucchini and Ricotta Pizza
- Yield: 4 servings
- ½ cup pistachios
- 1 tablespoon shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- Juice and zest of ½ lemon
- 1 ball pizza dough (store bought or homemade—many pizza restaurants will also sell you a ball of pizza dough)
- 1 zucchini, finely sliced (or finely sliced Brussel Sprout)
- 3-4 leaves basil, sliced
- ½ cup fresh ricotta
- 2 tablespoons dried currants
- 2 tablespoons roasted pine nuts, diced walnuts and pistachios
- 1 handful arugula
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 475-500°F.
- To make the pesto, place the nuts, parmesan and olive oil in a blender and pulse on and off to a coarse paste. Add half the lemon juice and zest and pulse for a few seconds. Season to taste with salt.
- Stretch the dough to desired size for your pizza pan or stone. Spread with pistachio pesto and arrange zucchini slices over top. Bake for 5 minutes or until dough is starting to color.
- Remove from oven. Mix ricotta with remaining lemon zest and spoon small dollops over pizza, top with basil and return to the oven. Bake 8-10 minutes or until crust is golden (check the bottom).
- While still piping hot, scatter with currants, pine nuts, walnuts and a handful of arugula. Drizzle remaining lemon juice and a little olive oil and fresh pepper on top and/or optional Pizza Sauce Topping.
Optional Pizza Sauce Topping:
- 1 Thai Chili
- 1 teaspoon water
- 4 tablespoons honey
Directions: Mix ingredients and heat to just a simmer (do not boil). Drizzle on top of pizza and enjoy.
Based on 4 servings
- Total Fat28g
- Saturated Fat7g
- Monounsaturated Fat13g
- Polyunsaturated Fat6g
- Dietary Fiber2g