Omelette with Spinach, Mushrooms and Macadamias
- Yield: 1 serving
- Total Time: 15 minutes
Recipe courtesy of Nuts for Life (www.nutsforlife.com.au)
- Cooking oil spray such as canola or olive oil
- 2 ½ ounces sliced Swiss brown mushrooms
- 2 slices red capsicum
- 2 ounces baby English spinach
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- Cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped flat leaf parsley, to serve
- ½ teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 ounce chopped toasted macadamias
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with cooking oil spray such as olive or canola oils. Sauté mushrooms, red capsicum and spinach until golden and tender and the spinach has wilted. Remove from pan and wipe out pan.
- Combine whisked eggs, water and pepper and add to the pan. Cook over medium low heat until omelette is just firm, then fold over in half.
- Combine the parsley, lemon rind and macadamias in a separate bowl. Transfer the omelette to a plate, spoon over sauteed mushroom mixture and then top with the macadamia mix.
Based on 1 servings
- Total Fat34g
- Saturated Fat6g
- Total Carbohydrate4g
- Dietary Fiber5g
Want Facts on Macadamias?learn more