Oven Roasted Veggies with Mixed Nut Crumble
- Yield: 4 servings
An easy and healthy side dish with lots of variations.
- 2 medium fennel bulbs, white parts only
- 1 cup quartered mushrooms
- 2 small zucchini cut into ½ inch slices
- ½ cup sliced basil, separated
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 6 Roma tomatoes, quartered lengthways (or a small tub cherry tomatoes, halved)
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup roughly chopped nuts of choice – hazelnut, walnut, almond, pecan, pistachio, Brazil, pine nuts, macadamia and cashew
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly oil or line an ovenproof dish.
- Combine nuts, half the basil and parmesan cheese and set aside.
- Slice fennel in half lengthwise, remove the core and slice into 6-8 wedges.
- Place in a large sieve with the mushrooms and zucchini and the remaining basil.
- Drizzle olive oil over vegetables and rub all over so they are fully coated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add tomatoes and lemon.
- Place in ovenproof dish and bake for 25 minutes, then scatter crumble over top.
- Bake for 10 minutes further or until vegetables are tender and crumble is golden.
Alternative roasted vegetable and nut pairing suggestions:
- Eggplant – walnuts and macadamias
- Winter squash – pecans and pine nuts
- Brussel sprouts – cashews and hazelnuts
- Peppers and potato – almonds and pistachios
Based on 4 servings
- Total Fat19g
- Saturated Fat3g
- Monounsaturated Fat13g
- Polyunsaturated Fat3g
- Dietary Fiber7g