Almond Crumble Salad with Kimchi Sauce
- Yield: 6 servings
Created by Chef Christine Farkas of IHeart Food Consulting on behalf of the Almond Board of California.
- 3 cups (750 mL) riced cauliflower or kohlrabi
- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped toasted almonds
- ½ cup (125 mL) shredded cabbage
- ½ cup (125 mL) shredded carrot
- ¼ cup (60 mL) thinly sliced green onions
- Salad Base Garnish: 1 tbsp (15 mL) black sesame seeds
- ¾ cup (175 mL) roasted almond butter
- ¾ cup (175 mL) prepared kimchi, drained (reserve ½ cup kimchi brine)
- ½ cup (125 mL) plain unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp (5 mL) low sodium soy sauce
- ½ tsp (2 mL) toasted sesame oil
- Sea salt, to taste
Salad Base Instructions
- Combine all ingredients, except the sesame seeds and chopped toasted almonds, in large bowl.
- Refrigerate salad base until Kimchi Almond Sauce is prepared.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Adjust consistency with additional almond milk and/or kimchi brine to reach desired texture and heat level.
Salad and Sauce Procedure
- Combine desired amount of sauce with prepared salad base.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped toasted almonds.
Based on 6 servings
- Total Fat45g
- Saturated Fat4g
- Monounsaturated Fat27g
- Polyunsaturated Fat11g
- Dietary Fiber11g
- Vitamin D0mcg
Want Facts on Almonds?learn more