Almond Horchata with Honey & Spice
- Yield: 4 servings
- Total Time: 5 minutes
Created by Chef Christine Farkas of IHeart Food Consulting on behalf of the Almond Board of California.
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups unsweetened rice milk
- 8 tablespoons almond protein powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ vanilla bean, scraped (optional)
- ½ – 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cinnamon sticks, as garnish
- ice, as needed
- Place both milks, protein powder, honey, vanilla, ground cinnamon and sea salt in a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour over ice, garish with cinnamon stick, and enjoy immediately, or portion into bottles, refrigerate and enjoy for snacking on the go.
Based on 4 servings
- Total Fat2.5g
- Total Carbohydrate23g
- Dietary Fiber0g
- Vitamin D2mcg
- Vitamin A34mcg
Want Facts on Almonds?learn more