Almond Mode Oats
- Yield: 2 servings
Guaranteed to be your new favorite comfort food! Power up and conquer the day ahead with a steaming bowl of oats to keep you full and fueled for hours.
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- Liquid stevia or preferred sugar substitute, to taste
- 10 unroasted whole almonds
- Optional: fresh fruit slices or berries
- Using a food processor or blender, grind rolled oats into an almost flour-like consistency.
- Pour ground oats, almond milk, chia seeds, cinnamon, vanilla extract and salt into a medium size pot and stir.
- Place on stove and set heat to medium. Bring to a boil.
- Once the mixture is boiling, lower temperature to a simmer.
- Stir slowly and cook until the oats reach a medium-thick consistency (Tip: Add more water if the consistency of the mixture is too thick).
- Remove pot from heat and let cool.
- Stir in the almond butter and sugar substitute.
- Divide into two bowls and top with whole almonds for a crunchy finish! You can also add fresh fruit, if desired.
Based on 2 servings
- Total Fat9g
- Total Carbohydrate26g
- Dietary Fiber6g
Want Facts on Almonds?learn more