Almond Tamari Crisps
- Yield: 16 servings
- Total Time: 40 minutes
Created by Chef Christine Farkas of IHeart Food Consulting on behalf of the Almond Board of California. Perfect for enjoying as is, including in snack packs!
- 2 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 sheets of roasted sushi nori, crushed into small pieces, reserve some for garnish
- 6 tablespoons brown rice syrup
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- Preheat oven to 320F. Prepare nonstick baking mat on baking traying, ready for use.
- Coat a large mixing bowl with the melted coconut oil, along with a spoon you plan to use for mixing.
- Lightly toast almonds and seeds and combine fully in bowl with the crushed nori.
- In a small saucepan combine brown rice syrup, honey, and tamari with a whisk. Heat, bring to a controlled gentle boil and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until the base has thickened, whisking often.
- Pour the thickened syrup over the almond mixture and combine thoroughly, ensuring that all the nuts and seeds have been coated and combined well.
- Pour the mixture immediately on top of a non-stick baking mat and tray, press firmly down, evenly, approximately 12” by 9” for the length and width. Sprinkle remaining garnishing nori on top.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden. Remove from oven and cool until easy to manage with hands.
- Cut into pieces and allow to cool fully. Enjoy immediately, or store in airtight container and enjoy later as a snack.
Based on 16 servings
- Total Fat15g
- Saturated Fat2g
- Total Carbohydrate19g
- Dietary Fiber3g
Want Facts on Almonds?learn more