- Yield: 20 biscuits
- 1 cup raw macadamias
- 1 cup all-purpose, unbleached flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch or rice flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ginger, optional
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2-3 tablespoons chilled skim milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly oil or line baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the macadamia nuts, flour, sugar and ginger in a food processor and process to a fine powder.
- Add the egg and vanilla, then gradually pour in the milk in a thin stream with the motor running until mixture just starts to come together.
- Transfer to a floured board and knead gently to a smooth dough.
- Shape dough into bite-sized balls, place on baking tray and press gently with a fork, or shape into 2 x ¾ inch thick rounds. If making the rounds, mark into wedges, pinch the edges and pierce several times with a fork.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Lift one and check the base to test.
- Cool on a wire rack before placing in sealed containers.
Based on 1 servings
- Total Fat5g
- Monounsaturated Fat4g
- Polyunsaturated Fat0g
- Saturated Fat1g
WANT FACTS ON MACADAMIAS?learn more