Pine Nut and Avocado Pesto with Toasted Pita Chips
- Yield: 4 servings
- Total Time: 5 minutes
Recipe courtesy of Nuts for Life (www.nutsforlife.com.au)
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 large avocado
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 pita bread and pine nuts, to serve
- Combine pine nuts, basil leaves, avocado, garlic and lemon juice in a food processor and pulse for 30 seconds or until combined. Add water and process until smooth.
- Transfer pesto to a small bowl and stir in parmesan, season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly coat 2 pita breads in olive oil and roast on an oven tray at 350°F until crisp and crunchy. Break up pita bread into bite size pieces.
- Serve dip with pita pieces and additional pine nuts to top the dip.
Tip: Store in an airtight container or jar and keep in the refrigerator. Best used within five days.
Based on 4 servings
- Total Fat22g
- Saturated Fat4g
- Total Carbohydrate1.5g
- Dietary Fiber2g
Want Facts on Pine Nuts?learn more