Spiced Chocolate Almond Snack Truffles
- Yield: 21 servings
Mini bites of almond “truffles” are rolled in a globally inspired flavor-packed coating.
- 1.18 oz cacao nibs
- 0.2 oz ground cinnamon
- 0.02 oz ancho chile powder
- 0.29 oz pure coconut sugar
- 9.8 oz creamy almond butter
- 0.59 oz unblanched almond meal or flour
- 1.47 oz honey
- 0.29 oz pure vanilla extract
- 0.2 oz cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 0.49 oz natural California Almonds, chopped fine
- 0.49 oz puffed quinoa
- Place cacao nibs in a spice grinder and pulse to a small grind. Finished texture should be a mixture of fine ground with small flecks of cacao nibs intact.
- Place ground cacao nibs in a mixing bowl, then add cinnamon, ancho chile powder and coconut sugar. Whisk to combine evenly. Reserve for coating truffles.
- Place almond butter, almond meal, honey, vanilla extract and cocoa powder in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Blend lightly until creamy smooth and all ingredients are evenly combined.
- Add the fine chopped almonds and puffed quinoa and blend just until evenly combined.
- Scoop the mixture into one tablespoon-sized portions, then roll in your hands to form truffle balls.
- Roll each almond truffle in the reserved cacao-cinnamon-ancho chile powder, fully and evenly coating each truffle (pressing the powder on to the truffles). Enjoy at room temperature and store in a sealed container.
Based on 21 servings
- Saturated Fat1g
- Total Carbohydrates6g
- Dietary Fiber2g
Want Facts on Almonds?learn more