Vegetarian Spiced Pecan Taquitos
- Yield: 20
- Total Time: 35 minutes
Blogger Liz Moody shares a fun, flavorful spin on an all-time party favorite, Vegetarian Spiced Pecan Taquitos.
- 2 cups pecan pieces, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil and more to brush tortillas
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cauliflower rice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 3 cups shredded cheddar
- 20 small corn tortillas
- Salsa, sour cream, or other condiments of choice
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a skillet over medium heat, warm with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Add the cauliflower rice and sauté until brown at edges, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped pecan pieces, chili powder, and cumin and toast until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, water, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt, and stir until well combined and warmed through.
- Warm tortillas in the oven until pliable, about 30 seconds.
- Add a thin line of pecan mixture down one side of the tortilla, followed by a sprinkle of cheese.
- Roll tightly and place seam-side down on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Brush with olive or avocado oil to lightly coat the side facing up and bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden at edges.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream, or condiments of choice.
Based on 10 servings
- Total Fat15g
- Saturated Fat4g
- Dietary Fiber2g
Want Facts on Pecans?learn more