Cashew and Noodle Sang Choy Bow
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 4 ounces vermicelli or cellophane noodles
- ½ red pepper, finely sliced
- ¼ bunch cilantro, leaves torn
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 6 ounces cooked shrimp or small prawns
- 6 large butter, radicchio or ice burg lettuce leaves
- juice of 1⁄2 lime
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Place the cashews in a non-stick pan over medium heat and cook, shaking pan until golden and aromatic.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Place noodles in a large heatproof dish and cover with boiling water. Allow to soak for 1-2 minutes, or until just softened. Transfer to a sieve, refresh with cold water and strain well.
- In a large bowl, combine the noodles, pepper, cilantro leaves, green onion and prawns. Whisk together the dressing ingredients and toss through the salad.
- Place mounds in lettuce cups and scatter with the cashews. Serve straight away, wrapping the lettuce leave around the salad to eat like a wrap.
Based on 6 servings
- Total Fat6g
- Saturated Fat1g
WANT FACTS ON CASHEWS?learn more