Cashew Pumpkin Soup
- Yield: 4 servings
- Total Time: 35 minutes
Recipe courtesy of Nuts for Life (www.nutsforlife.com.au)
- 4¼ ounces roasted cashews
- 2 pounds butternut pumpkin, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium-sized onion, diced
- 1 cup stock of your choice (vegetarian/chicken)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Pepitas, for garnish (optional)
- 1 stalk coriander leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add garlic and onion to the pot and sauté until soft, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add all the ingredients, except cashews and garnishes, to the pot.
- Let simmer over low-medium heat for 15-20 minutes. Add salt to taste and stir occasionally.
- Check if pumpkin and carrots are cooked through, using a fork. Remove from heat once the fork can pierce through the pumpkin easily. Set aside to cool.
- Blend cashews in a blender until a smooth paste is formed.
- Add soup to the blender and puree until smooth.
- Depending on the size of your blender, you might need to puree the soup in batches. Do not fill the blender more than halfway and always remember to vent the blender so that heat and pressure can escape.
- Return the soup to the pot and stir over low heat for another 10 minutes. If the soup is too thick, add some water to achieve your desired consistency.
- Serve hot.
Based on 4 servings
- Total Fat15g
- Saturated Fat3g
- Total Carbohydrate15g
- Dietary Fiber2g
Want Facts on Cashews?learn more