The Great Outdoors…Better with a Side of Nuts
Whether you’re an extreme hiker, mountain biker, fisher, forager or just love picnics and camping, taking along some nuts can only enhance your time outdoors. Filled with important nutrients that can provide energy and keep you full, tree nuts can be prepared in many delicious ways that work perfectly in an outdoor adventure.
Here are some ideas to get your creative juices going:
- Simply nuts – of course, the easiest way to enjoy tree nuts is to pack some in zip lock bags to tuck in your backpack. But you can upgrade the experience by seasoning the nuts or adding dried fruit. We have plenty of seasoning ideas in our recipe collection.
- Nut cookies – whether it’s a chewy breakfast cookie, a rich shortbread, or dippable Biscotti, sitting on a mountaintop or riverside with a beverage and a cookie is truly magical, and prepares you for the next leg of your journey.
- Nut burgers – These burgers can be made ahead of time, wrapped and then cooked on the campfire! A delicious lunch or dinner to send you off to a blissful sleep under the stars.
- Frittata – A picnic or al fresco lunch just begs for a frittata, and adding nuts brings a wonderful texture and flavor. They can be enjoyed cold or warm out of the oven for a back yard family feast!
- Breakfast – Take some muffins or a nourishing Grain Bowl on the road to get your day off to the right start!
- Nut butter – If you’re feeling tired, take a spoonful of nut butter with honey for a quick and lasting lift.
Wishing you a happy and safe summer season, enjoying the wonders of nature!